On Thursday, August 24, Costa Rica launched the Business Multidimensional Poverty Index developed by the Positive Horizon Association with the technical support of the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI).
The Business MPI (IPMe in Spanish) is an adaptation of the Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) for the business sector, which measures the living conditions of employees and their families in a number of priority dimensions for the country: housing, education, health, work and social protection, in addition to including a financial situation section.
The bMPI consists of the application of an online survey, easy to use and fill out, which will provide detailed information to the employer, about the living conditions of their employees and staff at all levels in the company and their families.
Costa Rica is the first country in the world to use the MPI in the business sector.
The video of the event is available here:
- Website: https://www.horizontepositivo.org/ipmesitiodeayuda/
- Video What is a Multidimensional Poverty Index (video in Spanish: ¿Qué es el Índice de Pobreza Multidimensional?)
- Video What is the bMPI? (video in Spanish informativo IPMe)
- How to implement an bMPI (video in Spanish “Pasos para implementar el IPMe”)
- Testimonial BAC Credomatic y Purdy Motor